Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blog #1: Getting Started with Soc 200

Hey class. You guys may have already known, my name is Angdhdev Kahlon. I am currently going to NOVA to get my associates in business. I am almost near my ending point of getting my degree. I have been living in northern Virginia since I was born. Pretty much used  and well aware of the people, the surroundings, the traffic on Route 7, the cool places to see, interesting places to go. I grew up here in northern VA. Went to Herndon High, and here I am now, at NOVA, working on my degree. I am really passionate and detailed for the things I do, otherwise, why spend valuable time doing something you don't care for? 


Now to tell, a bit about why I am taking this class. For starters, it was required to getting my degree. I chose this course over the other classes, because it seemed to catch my attention a lot more and seemed to be interesting, and something I can use later on in the world of business and communicating and being sociable. But most importantly, a someone really special to yours truly  recommended that I take the class for i would enjoy it a lot.


After NOVA, my goals are to go to a four year university and get my masters in business and get a good paying job. Just have an honest living and being helpful to those who need.  I am not sure if i will stay in-state or go out of state for college. I am pushing to go out of state, but I still have to do many transfer applications, which hopefully after getting settled in this semester i will start to fill out.


I like watching T.V. or let me correct myself, "liked" ever since college and working part-time tutoring students in math & reading, watching T.V. has become a 30 second thing from where it once used to be a 5-7 hours on saturdays watching cartoons, and indian soap-operas. I used to watch the SPEED Channel a lot too. I am really passionate about cars. I worked on cars too, back when I had more time before i entered the world of college. I also used to go to do auto tracking and race on a track for timed laps and neck-to-neck style races out in Maryland. I liked being able to put work into a car, and to see the finished product, performance, made me grin knowing that this is something i did. Working with my hands, and seeing the finished product and seeing this is something i accomplished, something i could do, which shows me my capabilities. I can look back and always know that no matter what, if I put myself towards it, I can accomplish it, I can do well.  


Music is another thing I really like. I listen to large variety of music, from many different genres. I, myself am a musician. I play the Dhol, a South Asian drum, which I picked up from my culture in Punjab, India. I not only play the Dhol, I collect them too. After getting well aware of how these drums are made, and how much it takes to make them produce such a clean and crisp note, it gave me more reason to enjoy and to appreciate the maintenance that went into taking care of these drums. 


"Their are those who live by history, but real men are those who make history" 

No comments:

Post a Comment